The war in Israel continues to affect our daily lives.
We continue to pray for the welfare and the victory of Tzahal (IDF) as we stand with Israel.
There are many ways we can support Israel. Below is a list of resources to guide you in your efforts to support Israel as well as resources to address this difficult time.
SUPPORT THE RELIEF EFFORTS
- Israel Hospital Emergency Fund Kol Shalom is undertaking an initiative to raise vital funds for three hospitals in Israel (American Friends of Soroka Medical Center (Beersheva), American Friends of Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center Ichilov (Tel Aviv), and American Friends of Rambam (Haifa))
- Donate to the Federation’s Israel Crisis Relief Fund here. Providing essential support for those in need, with aid distributed through our partners on the ground
- IsraelRescue.org United Hatzalah – Emergency Campaign for Emergency Equipment
- MDAIS.org Magen David Adom in Israel (National EMS Organization)
- My.IsraelGives.org Emergency Fund for urgent needs of Israeli Soldiers including helmets and bulletproof vests
- FIDF.org Friends of the Israel Defense Forces – humanitarian support
- ZAKA UN-recognized humanitarian volunteer organization that provides a rapid response to mass casualty disasters across the world
- Yashar LaChayal is providing tactical gear and bullet proof vests for soldiers
- Leket Israel distribution of food to residents and evacuees from the South of Israel
- Duvdevan Foundation Emergency equipment campaign
- Operation Embrace provides assistance to injured survivors of terror
- IsraAID providing urgent aid and psychosocial support to children and families who have been evacuated from Kibbutzim near Gaza, such as Beeri and Sufa
- HIAS Help Rush Emergency Aid to Israel – humanitarian aid
- Israel Food Rescue Mission to support Leket Israeli National Food Bank
- Give Back to Israeli Families עברית
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
JSSA has put together a resource page listing their support programs as well as other community resources and articles to help us get through this difficult time.
JSSA’s Mental Health Services staff have expanded their hours and their reach in service to the community. The J-CARING Community Support Line (703-JCARING) has been mobilized to help people access needed resources both at JSSA and in the broader community.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND EDUCATORS